Thursday, May 6, 2010

Peter Pan







This is a Peter Pan cake that I did for some friends of ours children. The cake ended up looking a little to "boy-ish" due to all the blue, so I added a some dots of color to help incorporate Tinkerbell's colors and make it a little more "girl-y". The image is an edible image (printed smaller than I had hoped). I couldn't find a treasure chest candle that didn't take 2-3 weeks for delivery so I decided to try and make one from a fondant and gumpaste mix. I hand painted it with icing color. I even put in "gold" (also from fondant). I really don't think the picture does it justice (I liked it). There are many things that did not turn out as my mind had envisioned it, though, but I hope they will be pleased nonetheless.

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Very nice job! I give you two thumbs up! I would love to know what they thought of the cake...I am sure they were thrilled. I wish we were closer and you could do Elijah's. I am going to do a tool cake, we will see how that turns out. Thanks for sharing!