Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Celebration Cake






This is a cake I made for a little girl in our church to celebrate God's goodness. She had fallen while swimming and needed stitches in her chin. While at the hospital, they did a CT scan and incidentally found a brain tumor. Within a week she was having brain surgery. The surgeon anticipated her having some deficits just from the surgery itself. So many people were praying for this sweet little girl. God is so faithful and He answered our prayers. Not only did she have no neurological deficits from the surgery, but also the brain tumor was not cancerous! I had told her I would make her a surprise when she got home and so I made her this cake. The scripture is Psalm 188:1 "Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good." It is so true!!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

What an awesome testimony! This cake looks so yummy!! I am sure it was. Where did you find the cross pan? I had one at one time and can't find it, would love to have another one.