Monday, March 28, 2011

Nurse Cake









For those of you who don't know, I'm a clinical educator the the ER at Baptist South. For the last couple of months, my cohort (Dana) and I have been leading the first ED Nurse Residency group each week. This week is our last meeting together as a group so I decided to make them a cake. Per Dana's request, it is chocolate....with chocolate chips inside, chocolate buttercream icing, and chocolate glaze on top! The decorations are all a fondant/gumpaste mix. I made a stethoscope, bandaids, a bottle of pills, a nurse cap, an injection syringe, and a rhythm strip. The first two pix are the completed cake, but then I also put a couple of close ups of the decorations. Hope they like it!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

You are way too good!! This is so neat! I wish you were here to make my kiddos bday cakes and so I might could taste some of these delish looking cakes you make! Although cake is the last thing I need! LOL!