Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Reflections 2011

Ella summed it up this way: "This was the best Easter ever." And, I must say, it was good. We started off on Saturday night when I got home from work by making Resurrection Cookies. We have never done them before, but it was great. I love being able to provide hands on lessons that really help them understand Scripture. The kids loved it. They were too excited to get up Sunday morning and check out the cookies. Well, I have NO IDEA what we did wrong, but these things did not turn out right at all!! I followed the recipe perfectly, but the cookies were a flop. But, the lesson was great. Here's a picture of the cookies. They looked great from the outside, but inside what was supposed to be hollow was a gooey mess.



We recovered from the cookie disappointment and got ready for church. Here is a picture of my beautiful girls. I am too blessed! They are amazing little creatures and I am so unworthy.


Speaking of unworthy, that is just what I am when it comes to what Jesus did for me on the cross. Our church had a mini-passion play during the opening part of the service and when the person playing Jesus walked by me, hunched over, beaten and bloody, weary, and carrying his cross, he made eye contact with me. I can't imagine REALLY looking into the real Jesus' eyes on that day. But I know that one day I WILL look into those eyes. I am just so grateful for His unfathomable love, mercy, and grace. And then seeing him after he had risen, what excitement and joy. And He wasn't just alive on the third day, but today and every day. To really sit and meditate on it all is almost mind-blowing. All I know, is that I am grateful for His sacrifice and that He chose me. Wow.

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Love the girls' dresses! They are beautiful girls and growing up so fast! Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter!