Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Answered Prayers

My God is sooo good!!!  He is so active in our lives and it is so humbling to think He really cares about all of the details about little ole' me.  I feel like I have so much to say, I hope that I can get it all said without seeming like I am having flight of ideas :)

Back at the end of February we placed our house on the market.  Not sure if this is exactly what we should do or not....seemed as if there were just as many reasons to stay as there was to go.  To stay:  this is our dream home, the river is our front yard, it is like being on permanent vacation, my parents are right next door, I grew up next to my grandparents and I want my kids to grow up next to theirs, the country feels safe, and did I mention it is beautiful here?  To go:  gas is crazy expensive and it seems like I often live on the road, play dates are rare for my kiddos as everyone thinks we live on the other side of the earth, we need to be closer to activites since we are going to be homeschooling, Charles wants a home he can easily maintain (this one is so high off the ground), and most importantly, we would like to take our equity and downsize in order to bring me home.  So we decided to do for sale by owner...that way if God wanted us to sell, He would send a buyer.  I prayed so specifically.  We live next to my mom and so I knew that whoever would come to live here needed to be great.  I prayed that they would be Christians...not just "good people," but Christians.  I also prayed that they would be close to my parents' age so that they could establish a friendship with them.

Well, God came through as always.  The family that is buying our house are Christians.  And, I envision them being great friends with my parents.  They have an 18 month old granddaughter so they have that in common, but they are also just so down to earth.  Charles and I have said that we could not have hand picked anyone we would rather be here.

So, where do we go?  There are a couple of lessons here.  First of all, Charles and I thought we would probably have to buy an older home that would probably need some work in order to stay in the price range that we set for ourselves.  Nope, God brought Ephesians 3:20 to life for us.  We never imagined that we would be able to buy a brand new home, but we are!  Also, it happens to be in a neighborhood that Charles has had his eye on for a couple of years now while it was being developed.  I was always so opposed, but did go and look and loved it....a little lesson in submission and allowing my husband to lead.  In addition, I was nervous about downsizing so drastically (800+ square feet), but I told God I would be willing to do whatever it takes in order to come home and I will.  My grandparents raised families larger than ours in houses much smaller than the one we will be buying, and everyone turned out just fine.  I believe it is yet another of the current cultures lies that the bigger the better and the more we have the happier we will be.  Serving God and my family is what is going to bring me happiness...not the size of my house. 

Now, we wait.  We are waiting on the appraisal and from the powers that be in this situation, and we are told that everything should be closed by the end of the month.  The girls are excited but sad...as are we all.  Excited to do something new but sad to leave this house and MawMaw and Papa.  We are only going 35 minutes away, and our home is where our family is...not the structure itself.  I am just not a fan of change in my personal life.  I like to be settled.  I like routine.  So my feathers are a bit ruffled but I just continue to pray that God would help me to "be anxious for nothing" and guard my heart and mind with His peace.

So, please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we go through this transition.  I just thank God for His provision and His faithfulness.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I was wondering and should have called. I am always amazed at God's faithfulness to us...even though He promises He will be.

Great story. Keep us posted.

Cantina Camp said...

Praising the Lord for the way He has chosen to answer your (our) prayers! :) Can't wait to hear "the rest of the story"!