Monday, April 9, 2012

Mickey Mouse Baby Shower Cake

The cake

This is a baby shower cake I did for my friend, Amanda.  It was a Mickey Mouse themed shower because that is what she is decorating the baby's nursery with.  The cake needed to be big enough to feed 80 people.  Wow!  So, this is what I came up with.  I was super excited because I had ordered a sleeping baby mold and was eager to use it.  This thing is so cool.  The detail is outstanding.  You see skin folds and wrinkles, little lips and ears, and even strands of hair.


This is a close up of the sleeping baby.  I placed him on a big Mickey Mouse fondant cut out and then covered him with a red fondant blanket.  I need practice painting the hair, but I felt like my coloring was pretty good with the flesh and pink cheeks, etc.


This is the top tier.  It was vanilla cake with a strawberries and creme filling.


This is the middle tier.  It was chocolate with Nutella filling.



This is the bottom tier.  It was vanilla cake with caramel marshmallow filling. 

I was unable to actually attend the shower because it fell on Charles' birthday, but I've had positive reviews about how good it tasted and what a hit it was.  That makes me happy.  As long as Amanda was happy, though, is what matters most!  

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Yes, I will take a piece of each layer! They all sound soooo delish!! Great job...again!