Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mission Trip Crafts

I have wanted to go on a mission trip for soooo long.  I just want to do it as a family.  Our church offers several mission opportunities each year, but the youngest participants are in their teens.  This past June, my neighbor (Stacy) went on a mission trip with her church to Mexico.  It was a family mission trip.  Kids as young as 6 went!!  I couldn't believe it.  She said that the kids were active participants in hammering nails and painting (they built 2 houses) as well as playing with the local children.  She said , "Y'all should go with me next year."  I made sure I understood her correctly....we could go, even if we weren't members of her church??  "Absolutely!" was her reply.  Can I just say my heart flipped over a zillion times!! 

Our church has fundraisers to help defray the cost of mission trips.  Well, we won't have that help as we aren't going with our church.  So, I am making some crafts to sell to help raise the money.  I know it may take us a couple of years, but I believe that if we are obedient to the call to go, God WILL bless! 

Here are a few of the things I've made.  I really hope to get a new vinyl machine before long and I can do much more!  In the meantime, everything here is able to be personalized to your preference (name, initials, colors, sayings, scripture, etc).  These are just examples.  Please share with your friends and help send our family to Mexico!!

12x12 decorative tile $22

12x12 decorative tile $20

12x12 decorative tile $20

6x6 desktop tile $10

8x14 floating frame $25

Post it note holder $7

Santa cookie plate $13

Christmas decorative plate $13

Etched glass Christmas ornament $8.50

Etched glass candle holder or vase $10

Name tumbler $12


Initial tumbler $12


Auburn tumbler $13 (would be cute with a paw print too)


Alabama tumbler $12


Peanut butter fudge tray $20

Chocolate chocolate chip cake $22

Almond cream cheese pound cake $20

Sock-it-to-me cake $20

No comments: