Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mamaw's Famous Peanut Butter Fudge


Like I said in my intro -- reason for the blog -- I have recently had to share my sweet Mamaw with Heaven. She was known for her cooking. She could can, cook, or bake just about anything. But one thing in particular she was known for was her peanut butter fudge. To get her to share this recipe with me was like pulling teeth. Fortunately, though, she finally agreed. She would make so much so easily, I just assumed it was easy. Well, after the first few failed attempts I quickly realized it wasn't. But after much practice, I do believe I'm getting there. Mamaw would sell her fudge every now and then and always had a dream of having her own shop. Well, I am trying to make her proud. I have been making and packaging the fudge and thus far have had very positive feedback. I've actually already had several people request some for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I believe Mamaw is in Heaven, looking down, and is smiling. I want her to feel honored...because she is.

No comments: