Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wedding Cakes
















These are wedding cakes I did for my best friend and her new husband, Bryan and Shelia Easley.

The brides cake is vanilla with vanilla pudding filling and buttercream icing. It is four tiers with the top and third having a ribbon border and the second and bottom with a diamond impression and edible pearls at each corner of the diamond pattern. These tiers have fondant pearl borders. There is a fondant 'E' on the top tier for Easley. The flowers, though, is what I think make the cake.

The grooms cake is chocolate with chocolate chips. It is iced with chocolate buttercream and then impressed with the diamond pattern. It is topped with chocolate ganache and accented with chocolate dipped strawberries and grapes. The top has Ephesians 3:20 written on the top.

This was definitely a labor of love. If I ever doubted what God revealed to me about the baking business not being His plan for me, it was confirmed through this cake. It was very time consuming and very stressful. I placed all of the stress on myself because I wanted it to be perfect...which it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to do this for my dear friends that I love so much and I have talked to Shelia about doing her wedding cake one day for years. But, I couldn't do this all of the time for people who really do expect perfection. Thankfully, Shelia loves me and did not expect perfection...she was so gracious (and brave) to give me this chance and be my guinea pig. I've always wanted to do a wedding cake and now I can say I have. But I know that on a daily basis my focus, time, and attention is meant to be given to my family. So, thank you Shelia and Bryan for believing in me, but I think I'll stick to birthday and special occasion cakes that I can do in a couple of days :)
PS...I had to include a picture of me and the beautiful bride :)

No comments: