Thursday, January 6, 2011

God is so good!

I am so full of expectation. God is soooo good. He is so actively at work all around me and it is so exciting! Let's see if I can even put this all into words and make it flow right.....

As most of you know, God has laid a huge burden on my heart to be at home full-time. I have been praying and figuring out a way to help God make that happen. I am an immediate results, instant gratification type of gal....hence why I love the emergency department ;) Nonetheless, God has been dealing with my patience (or lack thereof) for quite some time. I finally realized that God does not need my help...imagine that! So there was a revelation and peace. Since then, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and guess what....I'm becoming impatient.

I believe that God is laying the foundation and opening up doors. Last night our pastor talked about having small Bible study groups in the home. This made Charles and I very excited. We have been interested in this since last year when we went to a marriage conference by Family Life Today and they have a Homebuilders series that we were very interested in. God has grown us individually and as a couple during the last year and the thought of ministering to others is so exciting. But, no one from Prattville is going to drive to Lowndesboro for it I'm sure.

I've been doing a Bible study by Priscilla Shirer called Discerning the Voice of God. Wow is it good!!! She is amazingly gifted and I am learning so much. The first week talked about praying expectantly. So often we pray but don't really expect God to answer. Then she talked about waiting patiently...there it is again! It went on to teach about taking the time to listen to God and stop talking so much, planning to be obedient when He does speak, and having faith that He will speak. And that's just week one!

Then, I got this email devotion by James McDonald at Walk in the Word about the benefits of waiting. He uses the process of waiting to mold us into the person that He wants us to be...to advance His purposes for His kingdom. Then he quotes many Scriptures to support these claims. (This is already becoming quite lengthy, but you can check out the posts on http://www.walkintheword.com/).

So as you can see, this waiting is becoming a persistant theme in my life right now. But aren't the best things in life worth waiting for? I may have an end result, but God has the plan...and His plan is best. He is teaching and molding me so I can be of better use to Him. Again, the expectation is building...I am so excited to see what He is going to do. And it will be worth the wait and He will get the glory. Isn't it amazing that with all of the big, major events that are happening in this big world that He still cares about little me and my little piece of the the world? I get overwhelmed with just my little piece of the world....THANK GOODNESS I SERVE A GREAT BIG GOD WHO IS STRONG, MIGHTY, ABLE, LOVING, PATIENT, FORGIVING, AND WORTHY!!!!

So, until His perfect timing is brought to light...I will continue to wait...patiently....

No comments: