Monday, November 7, 2011

Nanny

My Nanny was one of my best friends.  I can't believe it has been nine days since she went to live with the Lord.  I wish I could state all of the reasons I loved her, but that would just be impossible.  Right now my heart is heavy because I am so used to callling her every day and I miss sharing those conversations with her.  She has always been a constant for me.  Life has been full of change but she has been the one thing (rather, one of the few things) that never changed.  I would make a point to visit her every 3-4 months and I could always look forward to cheese gravy and biscuits for breakfast and her famous chicken and dressing for dinner.  The pastor mentioned at her funeral that she was just such a humble person.  What a true statement.  "Going home" always grounded me.  It is so easy to get caught up in the rat race of life here, but there I was reminded of what is really important.  She endured what I pray I will never have to with the death of two of her three children and her spouse.  I can only imagine what a reunion that was!  But, the rest of us are left to miss her terribly.  Even my sweet Leah has woken up a couple of times crying for her.  Talk about breaking your heart!  I wish I had a better picture to share, but she despised getting her picture taken and so this will have to do.  It was taken in September at our last visit.  Ella said with a laugh that Nanny whispered in her ear, "I hate getting my picture made." 

Well, no more pictures Nanny.  Just the sweet memories that are forever in our hearts.  You are loved more that you know and are missed more that words can say.  

No comments: