Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nanny's Dressing

Nanny was famous for her chicken and dressing.  I am so thankful that she taught me how to make it.  In the past, however, I have always made it without the chicken...just the dressing.  But this year, in memory of her, I did it her way.  I boiled the whole chicken, picked it apart, and put it in the dressing.  I must say, it was sooo good.  I have her dish that she used to make it in and so this was the first time I ever REALLY did it just like her.  At first, everyone thought, "wow...think you made enough dressing?"  But, every bite was eaten :)  I am so happy to have this passed down from her.  I think she would've been proud.

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

You are so good! I need to get my recipe of Nanny's dressing out and try it. I just am afraid I will put all the time in it and it will be a flop! Looks so good and Nanny would be very proud of you!!