Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Fun

Just wanted to share a few pix of Christmas.  The weekend before, we went to Point Clear for the night to see the Christmas lights at The Grand.  We love staying there in the summer and have been told that it is quite beautiful at Christmas so we finally decided to see for ourselves.  It was great.  They have three fireplaces in the lodge lobby and they were all three blazing.  There was this beautiful Christmas tree also.  After they fired the cannon (which they do each day at 4pm...the hotel was a hospital during the Civil War and has lots of history) we got to eat cookies and drink hot tea (for me) and hot chocolate (for Charles and the girls).  They had the grounds very lit up and it was magical.  Ella and Leah climbed some of the trees.  They have these amazing Live Oaks and they are the perfect trees to climb (and they always do).  The next day, after we left, we took a detour to the beach.  (I can't be that close and not put my feet in the sand.)  It was an absolutely beautiful day!  I could have stayed all day.  The girls got their love of the beach from me because they were all too sad to have to leave.  It was a quick trip, but lots of fun. 
I've included a couple of pix from Christmas day just because I thought they were super cute!
Christmas tree in the lodge lobby at The Grand

Ella climbing her "favorite tree"

Leah has the same monkey gene

It was a gorgeous day at the beach

Missy with her present
Hilarious!  It was the end of the day and Leah had on her new bike helmet with her feety pajamas sitting at the kitchen table working on her new camera.  What a sight!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Looks and sounds like a great time! So glad you guys got to get away and enjoy being together as a family! BTW... I love it when you post pictures because I get to see what you have already told me about. :)