Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Cat in the Hat

These are some cupcakes (a cupcake pull apart cake) that I made for my my next door neighbor.  She is a school teacher and they are celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday in her classroom this week.  I really wanted to do the Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes where you use the blue cotton candy for the hair/topping but everything I read about doing that said to put the cotton candy on right before serving.  Well, since I won't be there tomorrow, that wasn't an option.  I couldn't really find any other ideas that I liked and she specifically wanted Cat in the Hat.  After much searching, I found this cupcake pull apart cake so I did that.  I'm not especially happy about the way the facial features turned out, but I don't much imagine that the kids will care too much :)
The finished product

The cupcakes before the frosting
I've been wanting to try one of these for a while so I'm glad I finally got a reason too!

No comments: