Monday, July 2, 2012

The Fresh Beat Band

These are invitations and the cake I made for my nephew's (Robbie) birthday.  The theme was The Fresh Beat Band.

I used my Cricut to make the invites.  They were drums and you pulled the inside part out to see the actual party information.  I must give credit to my neighbor, Stacy.  These were totally her idea and she helped show me what to do.  I think they turned out super cute.  



The cake was chocolate.  I covered the cake board in fondant and tried to make it look like piano keys.  The top of the cake had the logo on it with a few music symbols.  The front had his name made of fondant accents and then the back of the cake had fondant square accents.  There were lots of little imperfections in this cake that drove me nuts, but thankfully my brother and sister-in-law were pleased.  



No comments: