Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Milestone

This past Sunday, Ella hit a milestone in life.  She went to camp.  Our church had Kids Camp at Camp Chandler for one night.  This was the first time she has ever done anything like this without me!  She was soooo excited.  I had always thought that the first time she went, I would be able to go with her.  It just didn't work out that way this time and I was crushed.  But, I knew not letting her go would be selfish of me.  Yep, I cried as the bus pulled away.  I knew, though, that she was in good hands (Shelia was there).  I'm so glad I let her go.  She had the best time.  She got to go swimming, do archery, ride a banana float pulled behind a boat, paddleboat, sailboat, canoeing, and sleep on a top bunk!  She said she can't wait to go back next time.
Ella with her friends Lindsey and Shelby before they left.

Gathering in foyer to have last minute instructions and prayer.

The bus

On the bus.....look at that grin....ear to ear.....so excited!!!

Finally...coming home...felt like forever for me :)
Thank You, Lord, for keeping my baby safe, letting her have a great time, and helping us to be a part of a church that invests in their young people!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Way to go Ella! I can't wait to hear all about it from her! Proud of you mom for letting her go! :)