Saturday, November 3, 2012

Great Women's Conference

I am crazy behind on my blogging and hope to get caught up soon.  This post is going to be "out of order" according to date, but I just can't wait to share. 

I just returned from a women's conference with my a group of ladies from my church.  Our speaker was Candise Farmer from Enough Grace Ministires.  Let me just say, this was God-ordained.  The timing, the subject matter, everything.  What a sweet, sweet time we all had in Jesus!!  Her testimony is one of infertility and subsequent depression and spiritual doubt and confusion.  But, God has restored her and she teaches that God and God alone is the one who takes us through the wilderness and brings us out on the other side having changed us in order to bring Him glory.....and that His grace is sufficient to sustain us through it all.  Like she said, her struggle was one of barrenness, but the same principles apply to no matter what our struggle.  She showed us the movie Paper Dreams and the sessions built off of scenes in this movie, but again, are principles that apply to each and every walk of life.  We all got a copy of her book and study guide Green Pastures of a Barren Land
and I cannot wait to dive in! 

Not only is she a great teacher, but soooo down to earth and easy to know.  I would totally hang out with her if she lived in Prattville :)  We laughed because we had so much stuff in common...."dumb" phones, no cable, no Facebook (until recently when her board of directors told her for ministry sake, she needed to hop on board).  She joined in our crazy games and avocado facials! 

Her home is in Paris, Tennessee.  Her website is www.enoughgraceministries.com .  If you have an opportunity to impact women's ministry in your church, I HIGHLY recommend her!!!  I cannot tell you how much I appreciated her ministry to us this weekend. 

No comments: