Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Piano Lesson

Ella has been wanting to take piano lessons for quite some time now.  Just before Christmas we were blessed to be able to purchase a piano at a very reasonable price.  It was such a blessing.  A lady that my mom works with...her mother...had a piano she wanted to get rid of just because she didn't play it and it was taking up space in her house.
Then, it was a matter of finding a teacher.  I asked around but everyone I talked to was already full and had extensive waiting lists.  Then, Shelia called me one morning to say that she sat next to a lady at a basketball game that would come to your house and teach lessons.  Not only that, she is a great Christian lady.  So, I talked with her and she has been teaching Ella ever since.
Leah wants to take lessons as well and has already picked up on some things just by listening.  Interesting that my Mamaw used to play by ear and Leah seems to be doing the same :)  However, she can't take lessons until she is officially in the first grade, so not much longer. 
Here is a picture of Ella just after her first lesson.

No comments: