Thursday, June 20, 2013

More School Stuff............

Posters, Timelines, and More !!  :-)
I just wanted to show a few things for those of you who may choose My Father's World Curriculum.  There are several ways to do things, I am just sharing ours.

First, this is the Names of Jesus Poster that Ella had to do in second grade.  Every two weeks, she learned a new name of Jesus as well as the verse that went along with it.  In addition to this, I used a book called God's Names by Sally Michael.  Both girls, and I, enjoyed learning about these names and what they mean and how they describe God and His character.
 
 Leah (kindergarten) was working through the letters and so she got to make a poster as well.  Each week she learned a new letter along with something that it stands for and a truth about God.  For example, A is for Apple...If I stay in Jesus, I will bear much fruit.  I love this because even now she will walk outside and see the sun and say "Jesus is the Light of the World."
 
 Each year we have to do a timeline.  The first year, I made life hard for myself and cut strips of posterboard.  Last year I got smart and used bulletin board border.  I just place the Command poster strips behind it and go from one side of the wall to the other.
 
 So, I must confess, this is not an original idea.  It came from Pinterest.  By the way, whoever invented that sight is pretty smart.  What a good idea!  I get sooo many ideas from there.  Anyway, I put these little eggs together right around Easter and it was a fun way for Leah to practice her blends.
 
All in all, nothing earth shattering, just a few of the things we do throughout the year and how we have chosen to do them :-)

No comments: