Tuesday, November 3, 2009

1st attempt at chocolate buttercream



I made this cake for a co-worker of my mom. She wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I had never made the chocolate buttercream and was quite nervous. It certainly didn't turn out the dark color you see when you buy it out of a container in the store -- even after I added brown food color. Also, I didn't have unsweet chocolate on hand and had to use milk chocolate so I was nervous about the taste. But, the end result was that it tasted great! It was the first cake I sent to work with my mom and I even got rave reviews from the toughest critics! Everyone was commenting on how moist the cake was and how great it tasted. It was all gone in a short period of time. Yeah!! Now maybe one of them will remember me if they need a "real cake."

1 comment:

Dana said...

The one I did for the football cake had cocoa powder and was delicious...my cake not so much, but the icing turned out great. We should compare ingredients because I think mine was darker and you might like to try it if you are looking for the darker brown. Also, I have that football mold here if someone ends up wanting a football from you!