Friday, November 6, 2009

Dinosaurs...ROAR






This is a dinosaur cake I made for a friend of mines little boy's 5th birthday. You'll note a volcano on the top. I used piping gel tinted red for the lava. I used crushed graham cracker and chocolate chips for the dirt. I found chocolate rocks that look very real and used the red ones at the top around the volcano and brown ones throughout the "mountain." Then of course there are dinosaurs. I also buried the candles in the lava so that only the wicks would be exposed so when lit it would look like the volcano was on fire. The pictures are okay but I really think it looks better in person. I'm quite pleased...I'm hoping they will be as well! Thank you, Bea, for allowing me to do this for Charles. You are a dear friend.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great job! Once upon a time I made cakes. It's been a while. Cakecentral.com is a great place to learn and get ideas. A 4 inch foam paint roller is great for smoothing your icing. Just let the icing crust and roll it on your cake. It's like magic. :)

Cantina Camp said...

Great Job!! Just think with each cake you will get more confident! I think your doing a swell job. And thank you Amy for the tip...I will use that tip myself!!

Cottage on The Court said...

That Cake is so cool! I cannot belive it! It looks amazing!

Dodey said...

Thanks for the kind compliments!