Sunday, January 17, 2010

Over the Rainbow











This is a Wizard of Oz cake I did for a little girl's 6th birthday. It told the story from the ground up. The first tier was vanilla cake and had a gray sky with the house, a tornado, bare trees, and blowing grass....as well as her birthday wish and name. The next tier was chocolate and took her over the rainbow. There was blue sky and six rainbows, of course, since it was her 6th birthday. The final tier was again vanilla and displayed the yellow brick road which led to the Emerald City. Thankfully, her mom had the cake topper as it was done on sort of short notice and it is HARD to find Wizard of Oz stuff! This cake was so much fun to make and I was sooo excited to get to do it. It was certainly my biggest venture yet and I'm so thankful it turned out so well. Thank you, Lisa, for giving me the opportunity. And most importantly, thank you Heavenly Father for giving me a dream and blessing me with capable hands and showering me with Your perfect love!

4 comments:

Cantina Camp said...

You did such a GREAT job!! I have to say this is your calling! To bad you couldn't make me my birthday cake! :( Cake is my families weakness....so it is probably good that you couldn't make us a cake....we DON'T need it...you know what I mean?

ThePartyPrincess said...

This cake was unbelievable!!!! Everyone went nuts over it...and as beautiful as it is, it doesn't compare to how GREAT it tasted!! I have already given your info to 4 people and I'm sure more are to come!! :) Thank you Dodey!!

Dodey said...

So glad you were pleased and thanks again !!!!

Bananagirl75 said...

Dodey, You are sooo talented!!! I love this cake:~) It was great to see you at the Trauma Conference! Keep in touch!

Anna B