Friday, January 29, 2010

Course 2....Finished!



Well, this is my final cake for course 2. Throughout the course we learned how to make all sorts of flowers (violets, primroses, mums, apple blossoms, daffodils, daisies, pansies, etc) out of royal icing (so they would be hard--that way you could spend a whole day making them, put them in a tupperware container, and they'll last a LONG time). It goes without saying that I need to practice my flower technique. But the "grand finale" was learning to basketweave and then top a cake with our flowers. So, here is my final product. I must say, I wish I had some extra time to practice my flowers but I am just about juggling all I can right now :) Anyway, that's done and now onto fondant and tiered cakes....YIPEE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Looks great! I am so proud of you! Maybe one day I can learn these things...one day!