Friday, February 26, 2010

Course 3 Finale




Course 3 was all about fondant and tiered cakes so it goes without saying that the final cake would be a combination of the two. The whole cake is edible! The roses are made of store bought Wilton fondant and WHEW were they time consuming! Not hard, just very time consuming. For the white fondant icing, I made my own marshmallow fondant (I've been told that MMF taste way better and is much cheaper than the store bought kind). Anyway, I think it turned out right :) though I still don't think it looked as smooth as those who used the Wilton brand. I used buttercream for the ruffle at the bottom. There are also white fondant flower cut outs that didn't show up too well on the pix (they kind of look like white dots...but they are flowers). Overall, I am pleased with the result. My mom took it to work with her so I'm sure I will get some very straight forward feedback!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Great Job!! We give you two thumbs up! Love you girl!