Friday, February 19, 2010

Star Wars







This is a cake I did for a little boys 5th birthday. The theme was 'Star Wars' and he was having a Jedi / Light Sabre Training Academy party. His mom wanted the cake to be the light sabres. So, the sheet cake on the bottom is covered in a dark blue/gray to be like outer space, then there is yellow cake shimmer scattered throughout and yellow stars. On each of the four sides of the cake I wrote something different...one side says "Happy Birthday", one says "May the Force Be With You", one says "Star Wars" and the other says "Jedi Training Academy". Then I took another sheet cake and cut out two light sabres. She wanted one red and one green. So after icing them, I sprinkled them with cake sparkles to make them shimmer (since I couldn't find flourescent color). I used mini-m&m's for the buttons. I hope this meets and maybe even exceeds their expectations....I deliver it in a couple of hours!

No comments: