Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lessons Learned

Thankfully, it has been quite a while since this moving ordeal and I must say, I think we are finally settled.  Whew!
As I read over my last post, I was still ashamed.  I hate that I doubted God.  I feel like a worm.  But, I have asked for forgiveness and now I must move forward.  So much has happened in our lives over the last month and a half, it really is hard to go back and try to capture all of it, but I will point out my biggest lessons learned.

1) God is in control.  He always has been and He always will be.  Praise the Lord!!  I am so glad I am not in control of everything...it has been proven over and over that if I were, I would surely make a mess of things.  I am so grateful that He carries me.
2) When we sit in worry and doubt, we miss the big picture.  Even this morning I was reminded of Exodus 4 when God told Moses to go back to Egypt and all of the men who wanted to kill him were now dead.  Moses feared things that he didn't even need to fear...God had already worked it out.  Just like in my case, I worried and doubted and was so negative about how things would turn out, but even in the midst of all my worry, God had already worked it out.  Thankfully, He is a God of details and He sees all that we cannot.  Again, I am thankful He is in control.
3) God loves me (all of us) so very much.  Sometimes I forget that He is not only God, but my Father.  His word says that we who are sinful give good gifts to our children so how much more would He give to His children.  He wants to bless me, why do I so doubt that He will?

All I can do now is rest in Him, be ever so grateful for His blessings, and pray that I do not doubt Him so the next time. 
Now, I will try to catch up the rest of my blog...Disney Cruise, new house, Auburn Cake.....

No comments: