Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Joy of Neighborhood



We woke up to quite a surprise this morning.  When we opened the front door, there was a sign taped to it that stated we had been elfed!  There was also a plate of goodies on our doorstep....ring pops, chocolate mint patties, homemade cookies, and a Christmas candle.  Thankfully, too, there was a letter of explanation.  Someone had gifted us with these Christmas goodies and now we have two days to do the same to two other neighbors.  You leave the sign on your front door until Christmas Eve so that you don't get elfed twice.  What a cute idea!  Charles and I loved it! 

I will admit that Charles and I had our reservations about living in a neighborhood.  We were worried about having neighbors but God has certainly blessed us with good ones and we are so thankful!

So, today I prepared our elf packages.  They contain homemade peanut butter fudge, candy cane Hershey kisses with a Legend of the Candy Cane tract, and an ornament.  I can't wait....a fun excuse to get to ring a doorbell and run :)




1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Too funny....I had wanted to do this with our neighbors for Halloween ot Thanksgiving, but just wasn't quite brave enough to get it started! So glad you and Charles enjoyed this! I think it is so neat and maybe one day I will get brave enough and do it here! :)