Friday, December 16, 2011

Cake Pops

This is my second attempt at cake pops.  The first attempt was not what I would call successful except for the fact that I learned alot.  These are Christmas cake pops.  Some are white, some are green, some have sprinkles, some have sugar.  They are the classic Christmas cake flavor...red velvet. 

Arial view

Drying in the styrofoam

The red velvet inside....a funny story with this...as I pulled the cake out of the oven, Leah said, "Oh, no!  Look what happened."  I asked what and she said, "Look, it turned red...oh, no."  I guess she is so used to vanilla and chocolate cakes that she thought something had gone wrong with this one being red :)

All individually wrapped.  It's amazing that one cake mix makes soooo many pops!

Gift packaged for Ella and Leah's dance teachers

Another arial view of the finished product
These things taste great and are fun to eat.  They are also super easy to make but INCREDIBLY time consuming.  Definitely a labor of love.  And these are the most basic ones.  I cannot imagine making the fancy ones like Bakerella.  Have you seen those?  Check out www.bakerella.com  She's way too talented for me.  Charles said he hopes I never make them again.  It's true...me too!  He did ask why I was putting myself through this again and I had to admit it was because I refused to be beat by cake!  The last ones didn't turn out well, so I HAD to get it right!  Personality flaw???  Anyway, hope the recipients enjoy!  And I think I'll stick to regular ole cakes...except for wanting to try those Christmas cookies on the Bakerella website....but they are probably crazy time consuming too.  Oh well....speaking of time...I have two little girls who need mine :)

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

I was just sure you were mailing those to me!! LOL! :) Looks so yummy! My favorite cake is red velvet! What Leah said is hillarious!! That is one you will have to write down and tell her about one day!