Monday, May 7, 2012

A Fun Surprise :)

So, I'm taking a shower this morning and the girls come running in screaming, "Mommy, Mommy, guess what we caught?"  I immediately cringed and asked them what it was.  "A frog!"  They were crazy excited.  They said they had put it in Daddy's workshop to be his pet frog since his pet spider had died and they couldn't wait for him to get home and see it.  So when I got out of the shower, I went outside to investigate this little capture. I couldn't find it in the habitat of water and grass they had made so I inquired where it was and Leah came running in with this frog IN HER HAND!  This is my child who is literally scared of a fly.  Of course, as she stretched out her arm for me to see, I started screaming how I didn't want it to jump on me.  Then, I realized ole' Hoppy wasn't moving.  I told them I thought he may be dead.  "Oh no he isn't," they insisted.  I told Leah to put him back in the water and there he laid....belly up.  It really took some convincing to get them to believe he was dead and not just sleeping.  Then they wanted to hold him even though he was dead.  I told them they had probably already held him too much and that is why he was dead.  Anyway, I'm sure Daddy will be very surprised and excited to come home to his dead pet frog in his workshop!


Seriously....people that don't have kids by choice don't know what they are missing.  These two are the sunshine in my day !!!!

No comments: