Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Mother's Day Cricut

I've been wanting a Cricut for a long time.  Then, when we moved here and I saw all the things my neighbor was doing with hers, I wanted one even more!  I said to Charles that maybe that could be my birthday or Christmas present this year.  He said, "Mother's Day is coming up."  I was shocked and excited.  One day last week I was looking at them online and he said, "go ahead and order it."  So, I did!

This is my first creation.  I bought a cup to personalize for my friend, Michelle.  She works with me PRN at Baptist but full time at Jackson (where I just had my surgery).  I was so nervous, but she was so sweet to look out for me and I just wanted to get her a little something to say, "Thank You."


This is one of the things I got my Mom for Mother's Day.  She is a stationary freak.  So I got her this clipboard with super cute paper inside as well as a matching calendar, posty notes, and pens.  I am definitely in a learner's curve right now.  I had trouble getting the 'K' really straight and then there were some air bubbles under the letter too.  But, luckily Mom is pretty easy going and won't mind, I'm sure :)

This is what I made for Janet (Charles' step-mom).  I found this bowl at Hobby Lobby on clearance and added her initial to the middle.  I thought this one turned out super-cute.  I'd like it myself!

So, these are my first Cricut projects.  I can't wait to get more practice and craft myself silly :)

No comments: