Saturday, February 16, 2013

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

I love making homemade gifts.  To me, they are just so much more special than going to the store and buying something.  It takes thought and time to make something and that makes it special.  This past Christmas I knew I wanted to make ornaments but I didn't know which ones.  Then I saw these glitter ornaments and decided they were the ones...I LOVE glitter :)  I would really have loved to make them all a different color, but I was a little surprised at how quickly the cost of glitter adds up!  So, I had to settle for one. 

They are pretty easy to make once I figured out that I needed to use a good amount of glitter.  First, buy clear ornaments from the craft store.  Next, put in a little bit of liquid floor cleaner and swirl it all around.  Empty the excess.  Then, put in a good bit of glitter and swirl it all around.  Again, empty the excess.  Allow to dry overnight.  I used my Cricut to cut out names in different fonts.  Finally, I added a small piece of ribbon to the hook to give it some added detail. 

Here are a few examples.  I made about 14, so I'll just share a few :)


No comments: