Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Great Combo....Chocolate and Peanut Butter :)


Well, these cupcakes actually turned out pretty good to be failures.  They are not at all what I had in mind when I started.  My plan was to dip the peanut butter frosting in chocolate to be like a dipped cone at Dairy Queen.  Not far into my icing, I realized that it was never going to be firm enough to dip and hold shape.  Yep, I tried a new recipe....it's super yummy, just not stiff enough.  Anyway, let me tell you what the final product is.  These are chocolate cupcakes with a mini Reese's cup baked in the center.  It is topped with peanut butter frosting and satiny chocolate glaze with another mini Reese's cup on top for decoration.  Not what I started out planning to do, but really, it is hard to go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!

1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Isaac, Sarah and I are reading this post and we will take 3 of those! They look very good! We like trying new things too! :)