Sunday, August 12, 2012

Banana Pudding Cupcakes

These are some banana pudding cupcakes I made.....just because!  I saw a picture of one on Pinterest and wanted to make them.  When I went to the link, the recipe was not posted but rather she referred you to a cookbook she was writing that would be out this fall and the recipe would be in there.  She named a few of the ingredients so I just figured it out for myself.  I'm sure she probably made them from scratch, but I think these turned out pretty good the easy way I did them.

First, I baked cupcakes using a butter pecan cake mix.  While that cooked, I made some instant banana cream pudding using the pie recipe (less milk).  Once the cupcakes were cool, I used a filling tip to fill the center with the banana pudding.  I topped the cupcakes with buttercream icing that I made using banana flavoring.  Then crumbled up vanilla wafers and sprinkled those on, and then drizzled it with butterscotch ice cream syrup.

We had friends over that night and the husband ate two.  He said they tasted like "banana bread on crack."  I must say, they were pretty good.  And different....a break from chocolate and vanilla.



1 comment:

Cantina Camp said...

Bryan would love these! He loves anything banana. :)